AppDynamics has announced significant changes in the company’s go-to-market strategy, as well as some significant adjustments to the current Global Partner Program, to support that transformation.
As technologists battle on several fronts, including keeping up with rapid digital transformation initiatives, managing increasing complexity throughout the IT stack, and filtering overwhelming data noise, the market opportunity for full-stack observability continues to rise at breakneck speed. It’s never been more important to have visibility into IT performance and health across the entire IT stack, as well as the ability to link this with business outcomes. However, time is running out for businesses to reap the benefits and gain a competitive advantage that full-stack observability provides.
According to a new AppDynamics report, The Agents of Transformation 2021: The Rise of Full-Stack Observability, 83 percent of UAE engineers believe that their inability to connect full-stack observability with business outcomes will hurt their organisation this year. Worryingly, 67 percent said they lacked the strategy and resources needed to adequately monitor the impact of technology initiatives on business outcomes.
“As part of Cisco’s vision for full-stack observability, AppDynamics is perfectly poised to help enterprises overcome these challenges and realize the benefits to their business of deploying full-stack observability with business context,” commented Mark Maslach, Vice President, Global Channels and Strategic Alliances at Cisco AppDynamics.
he also said, “But for AppDynamics to maximize this opportunity and help partners and technologists to fully exploit their potential, we recognize that we need to make some updates to our partner program.”
Key updates to the AppDynamics partner program include:
- 100% channel-centric route to market: AppDynamics will move away from a mixed ‘direct and indirect’ sales model in favour of a channel-centric approach. This will bring AppDynamics and Cisco closer together in their sales efforts, giving partners the confidence and opportunity to create full-stack observability practises with AppDynamics.
- A new ‘Elite’ level added to the Global Partner Program: AppDynamics has designed a three-tier structure to facilitate this transition, with a new top-tier ‘Elite’ partner category joining the existing ‘Alliance’ and ‘Titan’ tiers. The Elite level is designed for the largest Global Partners and provides the best circumstances for fully leveraging the full-stack observability market opportunity across AppDynamics and the rest of the Cisco portfolio.
The changes to the Global Partner Program will benefit partners at all levels by providing more targeted assistance and increased growth prospects, allowing them to better serve clients and move crucial digital transformation projects forward more quickly. AppDynamics has altered its support approach across all three tiers to ensure that it has the appropriate sales engineering, channel engineering, marketing support, and channel account manager assistance to fulfil the needs of each partner.
AppDynamics partners will benefit from further enhancements to the Global Partner Program aimed at improving the overall experience. These characteristics include:
- Stackable Margins: AppDynamics is moving to “stackable margins,” which will allow more involved/active partners to be more profitable and rewarded for their AppDynamics efforts.
- Expanded Rebates Program: The new programme now allows Elite and Titan partners to receive per-deal rebates.
- Redesigned FastPath Program: Partners can now invest more effectively with AppDynamics in a variety of areas, including supported headcount, case studies, training and certification, and more.
- Improved Access to MDF:Eligible partners can apply for MDF (market development funds) through a new Funds Manager portal, which will improve partners’ overall experience and make requesting money for their AppDynamics business easier.
- Updated Training and Sales Support: AppDynamics is increasing its training and sales support efforts. For the first time, AppDynamics sales and engineering boot camps will be available to partners, providing them with the deep levels of skill and product knowledge required to fully realise the promise of the AppDynamics and Cisco product portfolio.
This new set of incentives is intended to reward partners for the extra time and effort they invest into pursuing prospects and concluding deals. The more closely AppDynamics and the company’s procedures coincide, the more profitable their deals become. As AppDynamics grows its global reach, it is also meant to help partners throughout the world.
“This new approach is a bold and exciting way forward. Our strategy for success lies with enhanced collaboration with our partners and continuing deeper alignment with Cisco and its sales motion. This is the right time to unleash the potential of our partners and maximize the opportunity for full-stack observability,” concluded Mark.