The CX 8360 expands on the Aruba ESP (Edge Services Platform) vision by continuing to deliver innovative solutions that help organizations extend a unified, cloud-managed infrastructure and operating model across campuses, branches, traditional, and emerging centers of data. Built on Aruba’s powerful cloud-native AOS-CX network operating system, Aruba CX switches include advanced data center features, along with an embedded Network Analytics Engine (NAE), at no additional licensing cost.
- The new Aruba CX 8360 Series family consists of five, 1U fixed-port switches that deliver high throughput and ease-of-operations for edge environments (retailers and other remote locations) connecting via Aruba Central and other cloud providers to regional and corporate data centers. Each is designed to support the most rigorous bandwidth-intensive enterprise applications and cloud network connectivity requirements.
- The Aruba AOS-CX operating system and integrated management tools (Aruba NetEdit and Aruba Network Analytics) create powerful, but easy-to-use procedures for performing day-to-day management tasks that deliver incredible time savings, as well as for reducing the times for deployment and scale-out projects from days to minutes.
- With as few as 12 ports on some models, enterprises can deploy CX 8360 switches at edge locations at a reduced overall cost compared to competitors who only offer switches at a 48-port low-end, which are overkill and a waste of money from a cost-per-port perspective. Competitors have no current offerings that match Aruba’s performance, simplicity, and cost advantage. The CX 8360 family spans from 12 to 48 ports, as line-rate speeds from 1 to 100 GbE.
- In addition to being ideal for enterprise edge locations and campus cores, Aruba CX 8360 switches are well-suited for inside regional and headquarters-based data centers that require top-of-rack server connectivity in traditional spine and leaf architectures.
- Currently unique among competitive offerings, Aruba CX switches have no additional software licensing costs for management tools that provide advanced Layer 2/Layer3 functionality and features that create modern cloud-native, end-to-end infrastructures.