HPE GreenLake Edge-to-Cloud Platform powers data modernization with breakthrough analytics and data protection cloud services. Hewlett Packard Enterprise has launched a slew of new cloud services for its HPE GreenLake edge-to-cloud platform, giving clients unrivalled capabilities to fuel digital transformation for their apps and data. HPE is now a player in two huge, fast-growing software markets: unified analytics and data security. With an open and modern platform that enables a cloud experience everywhere, these advancements accelerate HPE’s shift to a cloud services company and give clients more choice and freedom for their business and IT strategy. The new services, which are part of an expanding array of HPE GreenLake cloud services, enable clients to develop more quickly and at reduced costs. They include:
- HPE GreenLake for analytics–open and unified analytics cloud services to modernize all data and applications everywhere – on-premises, at the edge, and in the cloud
- HPE GreenLake for data protection – disaster recovery and backup cloud services to help customers take ransomware head-on and secure data from edge-to-cloud
- HPE Edge-to-Cloud Adoption Frameworkand automation tools–a comprehensive, proven set of methodologies expertise, and automation tools to accelerate and de-risk the path to a cloud experience everywhere
“The big data and analytics software market, which IDC predicts will reach $110 billion by 2023, is ripe for disruption,as customers seek a hybrid solution for enterprise datasets on-premises and at the edge,” said Antonio Neri, president and CEO, at HPE.
He explained, “Data is at the heart of every modernization initiative in every industry, and yet organizations have been forced to settle for legacy analytics platforms that lack cloud-native capabilities, or force complex migrations to the public cloud that require customers to adapt new processes and risk vendor lock-in. The new HPE GreenLake cloud services for analytics empower customers to overcome these trade-offs and gives them one platform to unify and modernize data everywhere. Together with the new HPE GreenLake cloud services for data protection, HPE provides customers with an unparalleled platform to protect, secure, and capitalize on the full value of their data, from edge to cloud.”
HPE GreenLake, the company’s edge-to-cloud product, is gaining traction. The HPE GreenLake platform currently has over 1,200 clients and a combined contract value of $5.2 billion. In HPE’s most recent quarter, Q3 2021, the company’s Annualized Revenue Run Rate increased by 33% year over year, with as-a-service orders increasing by 46% year over year. HPE recently secured wins with Woolworths Group, Australia and New Zealand’s largest retailer, and the US National Security Agency for its HPE GreenLake platform.
HPE GreenLake Rolls Out Industry’s First Cloud-Native Unified Analytics and Data Lakehouse Cloud Services Optimized for Hybrid Environments
Customers may use HPE GreenLake for analytics to accelerate data modernisation projects from the edge to the cloud. The new cloud services are meant to be cloud-native and prevent complex data migrations to the public cloud by providing an elastic, unified analytics platform for data and applications on-premises, at the edge, and in public clouds, and are available on the HPE GreenLake edge-to-cloud platform. On-premises, analytics and data science teams may now use the industry’s first2 cloud-native solution to expand Apache Spark lakehouses and accelerate AI and ML workflows. The following are some of the new HPE GreenLake cloud services:
• HPE Ezmeral Unified Analytics: Industry’s first2 unified, modern analytics and data lakehouse platform that spans edge to cloud and is suited for on-premises implementation.
• HPE Ezmeral Data Fabric Object Store: The industry’s first2 Kubernetes-native object store optimised for analytics speed, allowing users to access data sets from the edge to the cloud.
• HPE Ezmeral Partner Ecosystem Expansion: The HPE Ezmeral Marketplace provides customers with a fast growing range of proven full-stack solutions from ISV partners to help them construct their own analytics engines. NVIDIA, PepperData, and Confluent have all announced expanded support, as well as open-source projects like Apache Spark. HPE has welcomed 37 independent software vendor (ISV) partners to its ecosystem HPE Ezmeral Marketplace since it was first introduced in March 2021, delivering additional ecosystem stack support of core use cases and workloads for customers, including big data and AI/ML use cases.
HPETakes Cyberthreats and Ransomware Head-On with New HPE GreenLake Cloud Services to Protect Customers’ Data from Edge to Cloud
HPE GreenLake for data protection, new cloud services designed to modernise data protection from edge to cloud, overcome ransomware assaults, and enable speedy data recovery, debuted today in the rapidly rising data protection-as-a-service market.
• HPE Backup and Recovery Service: A backup-as-a-service product that uses policy-based orchestration and automation to backup and protect clients’ virtual machines across hybrid clouds, removing the headaches of managing backup hardware, software, and cloud infrastructure.
• HPE GreenLake for Disaster Recovery: Following the closing of the Zerto acquisition, HPE expects to use HPE GreenLake to deliver Zerto’s industry-leading disaster recovery as a service, allowing clients to recover from ransomware attacks in minutes. For all recovery scenarios, Zerto provides best-in-class restore times without disrupting business operations.
HPE Accelerates Adoption of Cloud-Everywhere Operating Models with Proven Framework and Data-Driven Intelligence and Automations Tools
HPE also unveiled today a collection of tried-and-true techniques and automation tools to help businesses take a data-driven approach to achieving the best cloud operating model in any environment:
• The HPE Edge-to-Cloud Adoption Framework takes advantage of HPE‘s expertise in delivering on-premises solutions to satisfy a wide range of business demands for clients around the world. To implement an efficient cloud operating model, HPE has identified six crucial areas that businesses should analyse and measure. The HPE Edge-to-Cloud Adoption Framework is built on these areas, which include Strategy and Governance, People, Operations, Innovation, Applications, DevOps, Data, and Security.
• HPE InfoSight, the industry’s leading AI Ops for infrastructure, now continuously monitors applications and workloads operating on the HPE GreenLake edge-to-cloud platform, enhancing the cloud operational experience. HPE InfoSight App Insights is a new tool that detects application irregularities, makes prescriptive recommendations, and keeps application workloads operating smoothly. HPE CloudPhysics provides data-driven insights for smarter IT decisions from edge to cloud, allowing IT to better place application workloads, acquire the right-sized infrastructure services, and save money.