Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations is the team behind the cloud. MCIO is responsible for delivering Microsoft web portals, Live and Online Services around the world including infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability. The company is looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the network that powers the world’s largest online services.
The Program Manager is responsible for supporting the Site Acquisition Managers in managing leasing projects regionally to meet aggressive Ready for Service timelines, primarily in MEA. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a team environment to deliver multiple real estate projects simultaneously while adhering to strict governance.
- Develop relationships with Lease Site providers
- Lease Site Provider support, onboarding, and ongoing training around MSFT platforms
- Support Site Acquisition Managers to plan the release of RFP-SOQs (Statement of Qualifications) in accordance with MSFT business requirement, to prepare the completed SOQ responses as should be included into the Lease Agreements, and to support with Active Lease project status reporting
- Issuance of project SOQs to lease site providers on the MSFT portal
- Quality check on SOQ submissions to ensure that sufficient information and support documentation are provided
- Coordinate between lease site providers and MSFT technical due diligence SMEs, to facilitate discipline review
- Proactively improve technical due diligence as properties are delivered into the EMEA portfolio
- Efficient program management across multiple lease projects that could be at different stages in the workflow, while keeping focus on key OKRs for project deliverables set by management
- Drive efficiency by supporting streamlining efforts and the continuous improvement of our Site Acquisition Runbook and Lease Cycle execution workflow
- Adherence to lease project governance – Action the requirements, manage communication with project stakeholders, report project status, and manage escalations of project risks (if any)
- Ensure global consistency in process for program management
- Ensure that EHS and Environmental Sustainability are at the forefront of conversations
- Provide any additional RFP support as required to support project delivery
- Bachelor degree in business administration or engineering
- 5-7 years’ experience in management consulting, engineering consulting or project management for critical infrastructure
- Be a self-starter and a leader that can maintain focus and deliver results consistently that drive business capability value
- Drives through ambiguity, self-motivated and thrives on minimal supervision. Sound judgment, decision-making skills, and ability to work under continual deadline pressure in an extremely volatile and high paced environment
- Must be able to deliver results or projects in a timely manner
- Confident, takes ownership, willingness to “do what it takes” to get the job done with proven experience leading complex programs/initiatives to successful completion
- Strong written and oral communication skills with experience providing project status to line and senior management
- Strong understanding of business planning and cross-organizational consulting and/or support processes – preferably in a very large, matrixed enterprise
- High level of organization, planning, prioritization, and attention to detail
- Strong stakeholder management skills, including conflict / negotiation management – demonstrated influencing skills
- High energy and a strong desire to learn
- Ability to motivate self and others, often virtually
Background Check Requirements:
This role requires the ability to meet Microsoft, customer, and/or government security screening requirements. These requirements include but are not limited to, the specialized security screenings listed below:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Please see https://careers.microsoft.com/professionals/us/en/job/1370023/Technical-Program-Manager for more information.