Veritas Technologies, a provider of multi-cloud data management, announced today that it has been named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup and Recovery Software Solutions for the 17th time. Veritas believes that this recognition validates the company’s investment and commitment to delivering rapid innovation and the most advanced solutions to protect and recover the critical data of the world’s largest enterprises.
Deepak Mohan, executive vice president of products at Veritas, said: “As enterprises continue to advance their multi-cloud strategies, it is now more important than ever that they deploy an Autonomous Data Management solution that automatically finds and protects data, no matter where it lives, all without human involvement to increase efficiency and reduce complexity. Veritas is continuously innovating and executing to transform the future of data management with autonomous, cloud-optimized solutions. We believe that being recognized as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup and Recovery Software Solutions further corroborates our strategy and ongoing dedication to protecting our customers’ critical data consistently and efficiently across any cloud at any scale.”
Enterprises are confronted with the unprecedented challenge of managing unprecedented data growth across increasingly complex multi-cloud environments, resulting in larger attack surfaces and rising ransomware threats – one of today’s most serious business risks. Veritas is uniquely placed to meet this challenge.
Veritas continues to innovate as it works to realize its vision of delivering Autonomous Data Management, in which data is protected invisibly and automatically without sacrificing human oversight. NetBackup 10 is the industry’s first cloud-optimized, highly scalable data protection solution that employs artificial intelligence and automation, allowing IT to shift its focus from day-to-day business operations to driving transformation. The following are some of the solution’s advantages:
- Automated operations: Dynamic cloud autoscaling, intelligent cloud policies, and AI-based anomaly detection help to maximize efficiency and security with minimal oversight.
- Cloud-native architecture: Veritas’ rearchitected NetBackup technology stack integrates new Cloud Scale Technology to provide a unified, cloud-optimized, secure experience across on-premises, hybrid and multi-cloud environments. It combines cloud-native snapshots with elastic deduplication and lifecycle management capabilities to significantly reduce total cost of ownership.
- Cybersecurity: NetBackup delivers a multi-layered approach to security providing unparalleled ransomware resiliency in the face of an attack, including immutable storage, malware scanning and automated, orchestrated recovery with a single click.
- Flexibility: NetBackup provides multiple deployment options for customers delivering the flexibility to choose the ideal solution for their unique requirements and use cases. Options include software only, appliances and SaaS solutions.
- Global reach: Veritas supports large enterprises on a global scale with a strong partner ecosystem, enabling an advanced customer experience across geographies.