IDEMIA, the global leader in Augmented Identity, has partnered with Microsoft to develop next-generation eSIM and connectivity solutions for consumer and M2M/IoT devices. IDEMIA’s superior connectivity technologies and long-standing industry experience will be combined with Microsoft’s trusted cloud platform to boost global support for eSIM services.
“We are very excited to strengthen our collaboration with Microsoft,” says EaChaillioux, VP Strategic Alliances at IDEMIA.
He added, “The combination of the IDEMIA and Microsoft Azure expertise will enable us to deliver the best-in-class eSIM Remote Subscription Management services that secure connectivity for consumers, devices and citizens across the world.”
“Access to secure Connectivity services has never been as critical as it is today. Our collaboration with IDEMIA will enable us to equip Mobile Operators with the secure, scalable infrastructure they need to future-proof their business, while offering consumers reliable and innovative services that improve the way they connect,” says Tony Shakib, General Manager of Azure IoT at Microsoft.
Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) can use IDEMIA’s connectivity solutions to prepare for the exponential expansion of connected services for both consumer and M2M eSIM-enabled devices. Today, the company collaborates with over 500 mobile network operators (MNOs) throughout the world to provide connection via SIM cards, eSIM services for consumer and M2M devices (such as smart metres and autos), and mobile authentication use cases. The companies will be able to expand their support for mobile operators by supplying solutions with high levels of service availability, geo-redundancy capabilities, and cutting-edge security technologies that boost resistance against DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) assaults.
The GSMA has certified Azure and IDEMIA for eSIM services.
Pay special attention to next-generation connections. The IDEMIA/Microsoft partnership will hasten the development of new technologies:
- Hosting of eSIM Remote Subscription Management services for Consumer and M2M environments
- Global extension of the IDEMIA/Microsoft SAS-SM footprint in GSMA-certified regions
- Ongoing improvement of service levels proposed to address the criticality of eSIM business for mobile operators and IoT device manufacturers across the world
- Co-innovation of next-generation mobile operator solutions, based on Azure services
- Create synergies together to address the network slicing opportunity combining Microsoft footprint among MNOs for 5G back-end systems and IDEMIA’s eSIM expertise
The services are now available in France and the United States, with ambitions to expand to other countries in the coming months. On Microsoft’s Partner Center, you can learn more about the IDEMIA/Microsoft offers.