Sony Middle East and Africa unveils its latest in-car media receivers, XAV-AX55000 and XAV-3500, which provide a safer and smarter driving experience for local commuters in the UAE. Combining superior entertainment and a safe driving experience, these in-car receivers are the perfect companion to make commuting better.
Key Features of the XAV-AX5500 Bluetooth® Media Receiver
The new XAV-AX5500 provides hands-free driving experience while staying connected yet focused on the road. The new in-car receiver is paired with innovative safety design that limits distractions through lighter touch operation and improved visibility, allowing drivers to see details on the screen in one glance.
Additionally, Sony’s new media receivers offer a comprehensive smartphone connectivity package which includes Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and WebLink™ Cast for reliable, responsive infotainment anytime on the road. This in-car receiver is equipped with dual USB ports for easy accessibility.
6.95-inch flush mount capacitive touchscreen with flat, bezel-less display that elegantly matches car interiors with a single-DIN rear chassis that allows for space saving installation.
- Apple CarPlay integrates iPhone with the car audio’s display and controls that enable users to make phone calls, access music, send and receive messages, get directions optimised for traffic and more while the driver stays focused on the road. Apple CarPlay now supports third-party navigation apps, so it provides even more choices to get to the destination.
- Designed with safety and convenience in mind, Android Auto is a simpler way to use a smartphone with the car’s display. The Google Assistant on Android Auto allows drivers to stay focused, connected and entertained when driving while using voice to help with daily tasks.
- WebLinkTM Cast is a lightweight app delivery platform designed especially for in-vehicle use through the Android or iOS device connection. It is now updated with a capability to mirror smartphone screen right on the XAV-AX5500 display for reliable, responsive infotainment anytime on the road.
- With the dual USB ports, users can now hook up with various storage devices to play from the music library while still connecting smartphone for Apple CarPlay, Android Auto or WebLinkTM Cast.
- Quick wake-up to readily hit the road soon after ignition is turned on.
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC) audio file compatible compresses without any loss in quality and can play back FLAC files with up to 24-bit depth and sampling frequency at 48 kHz.
- High voltage 3-preout – The 5-volt signal offers clearer sound with less distortion when the head unit is connected to external amplifiers for future acoustic expandability.
- Sound optimisation – The Dynamic Stage Organiser (DSO) creates vivid sound image as if there were speakers on the dashboard; the 10-band equalizer (EQ10) with 10 pre-sets provides easy and effective frequency adjustment for various listening environments.
- A built-in, 4-channel amplifier delivers 55 watts x 4 (max. at 4 ohms) / 20 watts x 4 (RMS at 4 ohms) output power with DRA2 (Dynamic Reality Amp 2) power IC; the EXTRA BASS™ works to reproduce clear, punchy sound at any volume level; the two-mode boost steps allow for both delicate and heavy boost settings.
- The image of a connected rearview camera is seen when the vehicle’s transmission lever is shifted to the “R” (Reverse) position or when tapping the “Rear Camera” icon on the home screen.
Key Features of the XAV-3500 Bluetooth® Media Receiver
- The new XAV-3500 provides a superior entertainment experience while on the go with features including WebLinkTM Cast which offers smartphone connectivity and easy control for everyday driving. This in-car receiver offers easy accessibility, revolutionary design and a unique audio experience with limited distractions, allowing drivers to focus on the road and nothing else.