By Nelson Ikechukwu Nworie
Over the last decade, business intelligence (BI) tools have gained popularity, and they are essentially digitalized spreadsheets. They enable the organization, aggregation, and visualization of data in simple point-and-click dashboards without coding.
1. What’s Marketing Automation?
Marketing automation is a type of software that automates marketing operations and multipurpose campaigns across many channels.
Using marketing automation, businesses can send automated messages to customers via email, online, social media, and text messages. Notifications are automatically issued based on workflows, which are sets of instructions. Workflows can be designed using templates, constructed from the ground up, or changed in the middle of a campaign to improve outcomes.
Marketing and sales teams utilize marketing automation to execute online marketing campaigns and sales activities to boost income and efficiency. Employees are free to focus on higher-order problems, and human error is decreased when automation is employed successfully to perform repetitive actions.
Marketing automation aids in generating leads, grooming, and scoring, and also measuring a campaign ROI. Automation saves time and money when a company increases in scale and complexity. Marketing automation tools are built to grow with your company.
2. Benefits of Marketing Automation.
If you’re thinking about marketing automation for your business, it’s crucial to know what to expect and the main benefits before evaluating different solutions. Marketing automation at its most basic level is about optimization.
Marketing automation encompasses a lot more than just automating your routine tasks. It includes anything from maximizing your staff’s time to saving which customers your sales team spends their efforts on.
In my opinion, the following are the benefits of marketing automation
- Reduce Staffing costs: This is because a single person using marketing automation software may produce the same amount of work as a 50-person sales and marketing team. Set up an automated campaign that sends out personalized emails to thousands of clients and prospects regularly. Furthermore, developing a solid strategy for automating the various processes of convincing a consumer to purchase additional or more expensive products, selling a different product to a current customer, or following up on possible leads. This process raises client lifetime value and sales activity, resulting in a higher return on investment (ROI).
- Improve ROI: The use of behavior-based notifications can help you reduce lead response time and increase upconversion.
- Boost Effectiveness. In a very practical sense, the resources needed to grow your company and take it to the next stage will always be limited. Marketing automation allows you to make the most of your available time.
- Encourage creativity: Marketing automation eliminates the boredom that comes with repetitive work. Personnel can then focus on more creative projects.
- Clearly defines processes and points out bottlenecks: Marketing automation allows you to boost your marketing efforts. You can establish several strategies to help you identify and grow your leads. The software will enable you to visualize the process sequence and make adjustments as needed to make it more efficient. The benefits of marketing automation are unlimited, but I cannot mention all of them here because it’s not our focus for today.
3. Marketing Automation Tools:
OptinMonster is the popular WordPress lead generation addon for creating and integrating highly effective email signup forms on your website. It’s a lead generation software that helps you turn your website visitors into email subscribers and customers.
It supports most prominent email marketing platforms, including Constant Contact, Aweber, MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, Mad Mimi, and others. WPBeginner collaborated with Thomas Griffin Media to create OptinMonster, so you can rest assured that it’s of the highest quality. They built it to use on our ‘own’ sites, after all.
OptinMonster not only lets you design and generate opt-in forms, but also has a host of different tools that will help you grow your email list.
Some of the characteristics are as follows:
- Visually appealing forms. You can use OptinMonster to generate visually appealing and user-friendly opt-in forms for your email.
- Optins come in a variety of forms. Lightbox popups, floating bars, sidebar slide-ins, and full-page takeovers are just a few of the optin types available.
- Remove the guesswork by turning it on with a single click. You can use the A/B Split Testing functionality to compare different opt-in forms to discover which one converts the best
- Page-Level Targeting is a useful tool that allows you to display targeted messages on specified posts, pages, categories, and/or custom post types on your site.
- Exit-Intent Technology identifies user behavior and allows you to send them a personalized message just before they’re about to depart your site.
- You can use Analytics and Reports to view the numbers that matter and take action based on them.
- Last but not least, OptinMonster is user-friendly for beginners. As a result, people of various ability levels can use and benefit from it.
SocialPilot is social media automation software for organizations of all sizes, from small to large. You can expect to get a lot of features with this social media automation application, including social media scheduling, calendar management, client management, and more.
Furthermore, it makes no difference whether social media outlet you utilize because SocialPilot has you covered. You can utilize SocialPilot with multiple social media sites at once, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram (Direct Publishing), and TikTok
The best part is that SocialPilot has a social media calendar function that you can use to keep track of your social media initiatives. Filters may be added to your calendars, and you can track your social media campaigns by groups and profiles. Furthermore, the calendar feature allows users to drag and drop their social media postings and reschedule them based on changes.
Finally, SocialPilot users can assess how engaged their audience, influencers, demographics, and competitors are with their social media performance.
SEMrush is a marketing intelligence tool that can show you what your competitors are up to. It can help you outrank your competitors in search results and gives you a simple way to keep track of their social media accounts, brands, and other online activities.
It’s also helpful in keeping track of your brand. SEMrush includes an analytics report tool that shows you which keywords your competitors utilize in their AdWords advertisements.
It can also be used to assess the competitiveness of keywords for usage in marketing campaigns. It’s a useful tool for marketers that want to boost their search engine traffic while also keeping an eye on their competition.
SendInBlue is an email marketing automation software that allows you to manage and conduct automatic marketing operations such as segmenting contacts into multiple lists, updating information in your contact database (such as lead score), and more.
SendInBlue shows how local small businesses can utilize email marketing automation software to find new clients, increase revenue, and explore new prospects. The use of software to establish workflows (of automated marketing tasks) with predetermined conditions is referred to as email marketing automation. When a condition is met, the condition’s trigger will allow the email marketing task to be completed.
HubSpot – Inbound marketing and sales software that helps you to maximize and simplify your inbound marketing efforts.
HubSpot is a marketing automation software platform that helps you to leverage inbound marketing to attract more customers to your business by bringing in traffic, converting leads, and attracting more customers.
What distinguishes HubSpot from other marketing automation platforms?
HubSpot is an all-in-one marketing platform that takes care of a lot of the heavy lifting for you. Advertising automation, customer relationship monitoring, site organization, search engine optimization, and marketing campaign management are all included.
It assists with organizing, posting, social listening, and email advertising in addition to researching social media sites. All of these capabilities are linked to analytic monitoring to ensure that content distribution and brand management are as efficient as possible.
HubSpot has a partner program that connects new customers with inbound marketing firms all over the world. It’s a lead generating and marketing automation system that helps you with your marketing efforts at every stage of the customer lifecycle.
To attract more clients to your business, HubSpot uses the incoming strategy. It offers a fully functional content administration system for fast-creating responsive content and themes. It also makes it easier to create landing pages.
HubSpot provides a sophisticated system for tracking keywords, creating blog sites, and maintaining SEO strategies. It offers a social network advertising system that includes scheduling, listening, and interacting with clients on social media.
HubSpot employs an email marketing and leads nurturing system that includes capabilities like checklist segmentation, lifecycle tracking, and operations that send out emails according to the client’s action.
It offers effective statistics for analyzing the ROI of each marketing campaign, as well as a complete closed-loop reporting system that tracks your entire success. It increases the rankings of online searches, provides a better customer experience, optimizes online searches, and merges sales and advertising.
Marketing automation exists to make your job as a marketer easier and that of your team members. With automation, you may focus your time and attention on other activities that will help your business succeed.
I hope this article helped you!